Monday, March 12, 2018

Restore Me Review by Tahereh Mafi!


I read Restore Me on March 5th at 11P.M. and finished at 6:30A.M.

Oh boy. I've waited so long for this book that I cried days before it's release date.
The single night that I read this book put me on an emotional roller coaster.
What made it worse was that I had no one to talk to about it. No one.
But that's okay, I guess.

So, shall we get on to the review?

Okay, let's start with Juliette.
Gurl.
I cannot begin to express how proud I am of Juliette. 
 Starting off, Juliette seemed confused but then she had this moment where she was like,"You can call me Supreme Commander of North America." (Towards Lena. Ha.)
She was getting drunk.
Getting shot.
Shaving her head.
But!
She grew from it. And I can not be more proud.


Warner.
My precious, precious baby.
Oops, that was meant for me. Haha.
My favorite character having a panic attack.
Just pause.
How do I describe my love for this and yet how my heart breaks just knowing that my favorite character went through what I go through on a day to day basis???
Also Warner wearing boxer briefs.
Warner owning a robe.
Someone please find me a Warner. I'm serious.





Kenji.
WHY IS THIS CHARACTER SO PERFECT?!?
His relationship with Juliette.
His relationship with Warner.
His relationship with Nazeera.
I love the moments Kenji and Juliette have. Their walks, their conversations, everything!
Where can I find a best friend like this?
Kenji's moments with Warner are so hilarious!
From cutting Warner's hair to being grossed out by what goes on between Warner and Juliette.
And Nazeera! Oh my god, Nazeera. She can choke me any day! But please, give Kenji a chance.





Adam.
Who was only there about twice and that made me happy.
But the moments where Warner and James got to talk...OMG!
I just want James to know that Warner is his brother, is that too much to ask for?





To Warnette.
How do you go from being the best and having all these loving scenes to suddenly breaking up?!?
WHY.
I need this couple.
Together.
Not apart!



And that ending!
I can't believe Juliette's real parents come back for her and just basically kidnap her!
And her sister being alive.
Ella and Aaron.
Polaroids.
Pink and Purple.

I am so excited for Shatter Me #5!
This has been a long awaited journey and you know what? It's still not over. 
I am still thinking of this book, these characters, every single day.

If you would like to discuss Restore Me, please leave a comment!
Bye!
 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete