Friday, July 13, 2018

Books that changed my life!

 

Hey guys! Today I'm going to tell you all about the books that changed my life. 
Let's go!



The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer.
I think I read these around the age of 14. I remember I was out shopping with my mom and we came across a book aisle and I saw New Moon and Eclipse. The covers blew me away and I had to get them. Once I did some research, I later on bought Twilight and my reading adventure began there!
I absolutely adored these books. They were my favorite and my guilty pleasure.
I passed them around to all of my family members and had everyone loving them too.
I guess you could say that Twilight started my path to reading Young Adult books. And for that I am forever grateful.



 
The Diary of A Young Girl by Anne Frank.
Oh boy, here we go.
I had this book on my shelves for months. I love learning about World War II and knew that Anne's diary was something that I wanted to read. 
I had so many books that needed to be read that day and yet I went over to my shelves and picked up this book. Anne Frank's voice just spoke to me in such a raw way. I laughed, I cried, I cursed at the world for letting things like this happen. 
My love for this book was so real that I picked up more books about Anne Frank and told everyone I knew all about her story.
 For Christmas my dad got me an Anne Frank sweatshirt that I wear all the time.
I can't recommend this book enough, Please go read it.


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
Because of my love for Anne Frank, I discovered The Book Thief.
I was on my phone watching some YouTube videos when I came upon The Book Thief movie trailer. I was HOOKED.
I called my mom and showed her the trailer and told her that I was taking her with me to go see that movie. Later on during the day, my mom left to run some errands. When she returned, she had bought me the book!
I read it that same day. I remember crying so hard, I couldn't breathe, 
This book tore me apart. I'll never forget the impact it had on me.



The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling.
If you haven't already... READ THESE BOOKS!!
I didn't think that I would like Harry Potter but I gave it a chance when my sisters, who are massive fans of the movies, begged me to read the books.
I'm so thankful that they did. I read each book back to back.My journey with these books started by reading them everywhere! In my room, on the table, reading outside. Hot weather, cold weather, these books and I went through a lot.



The Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi.
These books have RUINED me!
Like before, I passed these books around to my family because someone HAD to feel what I was feeling!
TEAM WARNER!
The Shatter Me Series put me through some difficult times. To this day, I haven't met anyone who would like to talk to me about this series. So for now, I'm stuck with myself.
If you would like to talk about this series with me, please leave a comment down below.
Juliette reminded me so much of myself, The painful past, the uncertain future.
These books changed me because I learned that no matter what, you are strong enough to fight your demons. Your past does not define you, only you can define you.



And those are the books that changed my life! Please make sure to leave a comment down below and I will see you next time!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete