Monday, August 6, 2018

July Wrap Up!~


Hey everyone! Let's get started!



The Return: Reflections on Loving God Back
by Lacey Sturm.

I love Lacey's previous two books, they were amazing!
But this one fell a little bit flat for me.

Reading this story, I learned a lot of lessons about love. I found that my love for God grew stronger. Lacey has a way of doing that.

Her words are so powerful and definitely worth listening to.
I still highly recommend Lacey's books.






Llama Llama Loves To Read
by Anna Dewdney

The Llama Llama books are such an amazing read for children and all book lovers!

This book shows step by step on becoming a reader.
The perfect story time book!








Eliza and Her Monsters 
by Francesca Zappia

This book was amazing! It wasn't perfect, but I'm really glad I picked it up!

Eliza has anxiety and is hiding her real persona from her fans online.

Eliza and Her Monsters has a lot of geeky fandom, cosplay, fanart, and even some suicidal thoughts.

It can tend to be a heavy read at times but you end up loving the story just as it is.









Happy Marriage?! Vol. 5
by Maki Enjoji

In this volume we follow Chiwa as she takes a new job so her husband will stop supporting her father.

We watch Chiwa and Hokuto grow closer with one another and learn that their love isn't perfect.

I love this series and will continue ti read the rest of the volumes.

*Rated M








Shiver
by Maggie Stiefvater

This was a reread for me.

Shiver is lyrically, gorgeous, and painfully sad.

We follow the story of both Sam and Grace and their quest to be together while trying to escape cold.

Sam's desperate struggle to hold onto his humanity is incredibly poignant, and his heartrending relationship with Grace is deeply emotional and sweet.












To All The Boys I've Loved Before
by Jenny Han

I decided to reread this trilogy because of the Netflix movie coming out soon.

I think I may have loved this trilogy even more than the first time!

This book was still just as cute as the first time and it reminded me of how important family is. Especially the bond between your siblings.









 Linger
by Maggie Stiefvater

I didn't know what to expect after reading Shiver, but man was I blown away!

We not only follow Sam and Grace but we also follow Cole and Isabel. And oh boy, did I LOVE Cole!

Grace and Sam's love story seriously starts breaking my heart. Even Cole's story. I didn't really expect to care for the new character but his story is so heartbreaking that you can't help but feel something for him.












Happy Marriage vol. 6
by Maki Enjoji

In this volume we find out more about Hokuto's past and about how his mother died. 

It's once again focusing on the growing bond between Chiwa and Hokuto.
















P.S. I Still Love You
by Jenny Han

In this sequel we learn that Peter K. isn't perfect, but he still wins us over with his charm.

We also get to meet John Ambrose McClaren.

Lara Jean and Peter's relationship grows but there is so much drama!

I still loved it nonetheless!











Forever
by Maggie Sriefvater

I'm so sad that this trilogy ended!

This book was owned by Cole and Isabel! I just love their story so much!

I was sad to see Grace and Sam's story end but it was bittersweet. I really enjoyed it.

Hopefully the next book will give me more answers!










.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete